Saturday, 26 August 2017

Kitchenaid warehouse sale

The local Kitchenaid distributor (West Metric) put out a FB post last week announcing a WAREHOUSE SALE today. 

Knowing how kiasu people can be when it comes to these things, I woke up at an ungodly hour on a rainy Saturday and got there a little after 9 a.m. and I was line, a couple shops away (just guessing, cos I joined the line and didn't see the other end). I don't even want to know what time the first people got in line at. 


Luckily waiting in line wasn't a boring experience as I made small talk with the ladies behind me. Order chits also made the rounds, so that's how we know what was for sale but not the prices, which was very shrewd of them. So we still had to wait in line to find that out.


They were limiting the number of people due to space constraints (one out, one in). Which is probably just as well because it won't do anyone any good if they just let everyone in all at once. 

Apparently they had enough stock for a warehouse sale because they want to sell off the items with cosmetic defects, etc that they can't sell at full price for. Which is great if you don't mind, but comes at a cost of the warranty...? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

So close, yet so far... 
Waited about 45 minutes before I finally went into the sale (this point, the line behind was almost to the end of the block). The Artisan stand mixers were cheaper at RM1,999 but they were mostly the candy coloured ones. I mostly wanted to see if the food chopper was available - they were, but only in beige and red for RM399 which is cheaper than the RM549 retail price, but not cheap enough to just settle for any ol' colour. So I was one of the many that came away empty handed (which you must be ready to do and accept when you go to a warehouse sale).