Monday, 5 June 2017

Upgrading to Tune Talk's 4G SIM card

When I got the new phablet a few days ago, I realised too late that it only takes regular sized SIM cards when I got the older, (DIY) smaller SIM card stuck in the thing (getting it out was another matter altogether and for another post). 

Since I had not upgraded to the 4G SIM card, I figured it was time to get another one. After poking around the website, there's a couple of ways to go about it:
  1. Order a new one online, but need to pay at least RM30 in reload form and wait a few days for it to arrive by courier. 
  2. Just buy another SIM card from a Tune Talk dealer and follow up with the customer service afterwards. 
Figured it might be faster to do #2. Paid RM10 for the SIM card (the kind that you can break off whichever size you want) from the booth that's in Paradigm Mall, but I still had to email my details (IC front and back, existing TT phone number, and the new SIM card's serial number) to customer service for them to transfer my number to the SIM card I got (doesn't matter what number it was, as long as it's a Tune Talk one). 

It only took a few hours before I got an email back saying that I can now use the current number on the new SIM. 

Stay tuned for the other story...