Monday, 1 May 2017

KL International Book Fair

Because it was Labour Day, I decided to check out the KL International Book Fair, which is back in PWTC this year. By the time (after lunch) I got there it was pouring outside, and I found out the hard way that the bus station (Hentian Putra) is being torn down and all other neighbouring parking options aren't there. So me and many other cars ended up parking in Sunway Putra Mall (fka The Mall). 

You know the parking situation is shit when these are plastered everywhere... 


Luckily I got a legit parking spot in the end, so I didn't have to disengage the hand brake and gear. 

I think I was at the bookfair for about an hour tops? 80 (if not 90%) of the booths there were all local publishers that put out either Malay or religious titles or both, so I got bored pretty quickly. I found the one hall that was quiet because they were foreign university textbook publishers in there. 

I hadn't been back since The Mall became Sunway Putra Mall, so it's been years. Luckily for me, there are less cekik darah malls closer to home so not going back to Sunway Putra Mall any time too soon, hopefully.