Thursday, 4 May 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

Sucked it up and paid RM8.50 to watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in Tropicana City Mall. The ticketing counters there are now closed and all ticket sales have moved to the concession counters. But you have to admit, it's pretty shrewd on their part cos they can also push the snacks when you buy your movie ticket. 

I was more upset that the movie tickets are now printed on motherfucking thermal paper. WTF betul.
  • De-aged Kurt Russell in the flashback is about as creepy looking as de-aged Michael Douglas in the Ant-Man movie. 
  • I know Baby Groot is just a merchandising cash grab opportunity, but still funny. I wonder how much was Vin Diesel paid to say "I am Groot" with "different inflections". 
  • That said, Bradley Cooper totally earned his paycheque as Rocket 😜
  • Sean Gunn has a bigger role and you see more of him than he was in the last movie. I don't know how he's the Rocket stand-in. 
  • You can clearly see Michelle Yeoh, even though she was only in the movie for maybe 2 minutes top and only in the last 15 minutes. 
  • Almost died laughing when I saw that Quill now has a Zune with THREE HUNDRED SONGS. I hope he gets a first-gen iPod or something in the next movie. But that would require having iTunes...? Or at least Winamp 😂
  • Same question remains: How the heck is he powering those Earth devices out in space if Earth batteries aren't a thing?

Thought it was fine and funny when it was funny, but still a tad long, I felt.