Friday, 24 February 2017

Jason Leong - You Stupid or What?!

Got an early bird ticket to the opening night of Jason Leong's first solo hour, called "You Stupid or What?!" awhile ago. Got there with plenty of time to spare because the show started at 9 p.m. (as per the ticket). The only thing I had to drink was the chamomile tea I brought from home because still under the weather.  

Brian Tan opened the show and did 10 minutes. The guy has come a long way since his mostly one-liner days. I mean, he still had some one-liners in his set, but his 10 minutes definitely more polished now than before. 

For an hour long special, I wasn't expecting too much. If you've seen him perform before in the last few years, you know some of  the material already. But here he goes in a little more about his married life; I thought the baby making attempts were a touch TMI for me, but still funny. I also can relate to the financial reason for NOT having kids, even though I myself am nowhere near there. 

For what it's worth, it wasn't bad lah. I would tell you to go if you can get tickets, but the run's already sold out.