Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Genting Group's CNY Luncheon

It's been a few years, but I finally went back to Genting Group's CNY Luncheon that happened over the weekend at the Genting International Convention Centre at First World Hotel. No, I don't own any shares, it's just that my dad does a lot of work for them over the years and my parents have been going to these things by themselves for the last few years. Also, I'm sure the newly opened Sky Avenue eateries like Burger and Lobster and Motorino would have a presence this year and better I come here than to spend 3 digits? 

Security was pretty tight: you need to have prior RSVP and you can't just gate crash, there's a couple layers of people to go through before you make it inside. The table assignments this time was on little printed cards. I didn't know who the rest of the table were, but luckily the old man did, which was nice of them to do so? There's also plenty of wait staff around to set your napkin for you, clear the table, etc. 

I can't believe it's my first and last yee sang of the season...
By the time we got there, the big bosses had just arrived, so we didn't have to wait too long before we tossed the yee sang and DIG IN. 

We were seated on the side where the local dish stalls were: chicken rice, roast goose, prawn noodles, etc. I'm sorry, but I didn't travel all the way to Genting Highlands eat Sri Paandi food, okay? 

That said, the non-local stuff was on the other side of the hall, so I spent some time going across to get the food there. 

Half a lobster not a bad deal what...?
It was just as well that it was quite the walk afters, cos a lot of food of consumed..