Friday, 4 November 2016

PPUM's ENT (Otorhinolaryngology) clinic

The plan yesterday (when I took the day off) was to watch Doctor Strange in the morning and get a massage in the afternoon. But instead my mother brought me to PPUM (or University Malaya Medical Centre) to get that second opinion about what's happening inside my sinuses. 

I hadn't been back that often since I was born, so I wasn't sure of my bearings. But was told to register at the lobby first, so I took a number and waited. 

When it got to be my turn and I told the lady that I wanted to see the ENT, she just told me to hurry over to the otorhinolaryngology (ENT) clinic because they stop seeing walk-ins at 11 a.m.. I was a few minutes shy of 11 a.m. by the time I got there and took a number. Phew. Don't have to come back another day. 


So I got myself registered, paid RM31.80 (first time visit cost + GST), got another number and waited. On the ticket it said numbers might be called out of order (I'm guessing people must've complained about that for them to put it there). 


I had time to finally finish reading the day's newspaper when it was my turn, which in reality probably took less than 10 minutes. The doctor I saw was a straight shooter, that my mum appreciated. There was also a student in there with him as another scope went into my sinuses (after the numbing spray of course), and it was just post nasal drip, which (unfortunately) is normal but will run (hur hur) for a few more weeks (urgh). 

Made a follow up appointment in 4 weeks time, and went over to the dispensary to pay and collect the meds. Luckily he made the prescription over the system and the wait number was already generated for me, so I didn't have to take another queue number when I got there. The wait for the meds also didn't take long. 

My meds for the next month or so is a nasal steroid spray and... 

Yup, baking soda. Hey, it dissolves quicker than sea salt.
RM20, the meds cost me. I'm hoping the baking soda wasn't RM10. 

Because my mum parked across the street (on site parking at the hospital is almost impossible to get) and near a couple of Indian restaurants (Grand City and Sri Paandi) in Section 11, here's what we had for lunch... which I paid for. 


Probably only took a couple hours tops. But yeah, ENT at UM Medical Centre, go check it out if you don't have a lot of cash for private doctors. Just don't forget that mornings are for walk ins.