Saturday, 5 November 2016

Marvel's Doctor Strange

Finally got around to watching Doctor Strange, a little over a week since it came out.

Personally I think it would be a hoot if Stephen Colbert played Strange, but that's just wistful thinking. 

For the most part, I just wanted to hear Cumberbatch's American accent. Maybe he and Hugh Laurie share a coach? The accent boleh pass, but reminds me of Hugh Laurie's. 
  • That beheading was a bit the unnecessary lor.. but how considerate of them to bring a bucket for the decapitation? 
  • Won't the MRI affect the bullet that's lodged in there? Unless it's a plastic bullet... :P
  • Wong listening to Single Ladies cracked me up. 
  • The part about the relic finding you is like that thing with the wands in Harry Potter. (Speaking of Potter, they showed the Fantastic Beasts trailer before the movie).
  • I know the guy's name is Mordo, but Mordor keeps popping up.
  • The sentient cloak really cracked me up, more so when it started dabbing at Strange's tears (ROFL). 
  • Strange telling the cloak to "stop it!" was even funnier.
  • I wouldn't mind being able to create those portals if it means I get some place faster. 
  • Is it just me, or does Dormammu in this movie remind anyone else of Galactus? 
  • No wonder Dormammu sounded a little TOO familiar... like Smaug, he's also the voice of Dormammu. 
  • The visuals in this movie are a product of its time. Inception's got nothing on this movie.
  • If you're one of those people who sit through the credits to get to the stinger (yes, there's one): there's also a warning about distracted driving in there.
Some people might find this movie a little trippy dippy, more so if you've paid extra to watch it in 3D. Does this mean I have to watch the next Thor movie? (I never saw the first two).