Thursday, 11 August 2016

Suicide Squad

I only saw one trailer for Suicide Squad before finally watching it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry that they (reportedly) got the company who does trailers to do the final edit on this movie. 
  • Well, that was a quick flash of The Flash. But hello, Ezra Miller... 
  • I don't know why some critics are complaining about the explainer bit in the beginning. Hello, it's not for you, it's for the rest of the movie going hoi polloi lah. 
  • Wait, Common was in this one?
  • The song choices were both retro and also a bit on the nose - had to appreciate both the White Stripes and Eminem songs they went with, though :P 
  • I don't get why Waller is asking for Bruce Wayne's protection in the midcredits sequence and how is he going to be able to protect her...? If nothing else, at least you don't have to sit through the entire credits for something like this. And of course it sets people for the upcoming Justice League movie.  
I thought the story moved abruptly for a 2 hour movie, so there were times I was like, "how'd THAT happen?". 

It was just okay but not mind blowing, but my expectations were already pretty low to start with. So if you have nothing else to watch...