Thursday, 9 June 2016

My Browhaus Experience

I finally got around to cash in the free Browhaus voucher (which was for the basic thread and tweeze) I won in an online contest and popped over to the one nearest to me at The Curve (next to Strip). 

Fortunately, I already called for an appointment the day before, and because of the late hour (their last permissible appointment is 8 p.m.), I was the only one in the entire place. 

Anyway, the therapist had me lie in the reclined seat and gave me a blanket to keep my legs warm. We also had a short pre-treatment consult about the condition of my brows before starting treatment. Because my eyes would be closed the entire time, she was nice enough to tell me what she's doing every step of the way. If you're used to the sting of threading at the hands of the Indian practitioners, this was relatively less painful than that... so much so I almost fell asleep :P She even applied their Ice Cream to reduce the post-treatment redness.  

Even with all the bells and whistles, I can't bring myself to pay RM50 each time for threading and tweezing on the reg. 

In case anyone was curious, there's also a half off your first treatment for Maybank card holders. I was told that it no longer applied to me, but at least I take comfort in "free is better than half price"..