- Tilda Swinton as the rival twin gossip columnists - really hilarious. Also convenient that they were rivals so that they don't have to be on screen at the same time.
- $100,000 "petty cash" ROFL
- Hello, Newman...
- I had no idea Channing Tatum could sing... (or be a Commie :P), but was his singing and dancing number in the movie even necessary?
- Alden Ehrenreich's lasso work (both with the rope and spaghetti) is not too shabby.
- Of course the dog's name is Engels... :P
Wednesday, 24 February 2016
Took a half day off (hadn't taken any leave this year, nor managed to clear a lot of last year's leave), for the most part to watch Hail, Caesar! because it's not Deadpool, doesn't have multiple screenings a day and I'm too cheap to pay 2 digits to watch this. It was either the 10.50 a.m. or the 1.50 p.m. screening. If nothing else, I also got things done while I was at the second home in the 50 or so minutes before going into the movie. (Also worked up a sweat, but that's another story)
As expected, it was me and probably about half a dozen people in the whole room.
I admit I hadn't seen a lot of the Coen brothers' work (or ever), so I didn't know what to expect.
The movie, I don't really get. As my grandmother would say (in Hokkien), the story "no head, no tail" one. If you're expecting linear story telling, you might not get it with some of the threads here. Also glad that it's not any longer than it has to.