- Took MBPJ long enough to put their foot down on getting people to pay their saman - by threatening to bar them from renewing their road tax. There are people I know who treat those parking summons like used tissue paper and just toss them away. The kicker is that they're offering 80% discount on unpaid saman or something like that until the end of next February. I figured this would happen at some point and glad that I pay them promptly... just because you get a significant discount if you pay within the first couple weeks of getting them. Whether this will happen or not is another story.
- Saw Instant Cafe Theatre's 4 hour gala performance at the Dewan Sivik MBPJ on Tuesday night.
- Made the annual pilgrimage to the Wolf's lair on Saturday afternoon.
- Maybank wants to disable online and MOTO (mail order, telephone order) transactions on their issued cards starting next year; and if you're opting out (read: still want to make online purchases), you have to let them know by text and/or over the phone. Apparently it's not a scam, but it sounds so scammy, Maybank has to keep confirming that they're really doing this for people left, right and centre through phone and social media.
- People getting their baby names from Instagram filters. Oy vey.
- The Blue Man Group is playing in Singapore next year and early bird tickets are on sale now. If you haven't seen them before, you should.
Sunday, 6 December 2015
Week 49, 2015
Alas, the weekend is coming to an end and looking forward to the upcoming long weekend (yep, it's that time of year again - Sultan's birthday on Friday). I know what NOT TO DO on that particular state holiday: go to the Big Bad Wolf Books sale. I wish I was kidding.