I don't think I've seen a lot of JJ Abrams's work, so the expectations is also pretty low.
- Kylo Ren... more like EMO-SIAL REN, amiright? There's an Emo Kylo Ren Twitter account.
- Now that I read it somewhere, Daisy Ridley DOES look a little bit like Keira Knightley, albeit some of the time. Hard to unsee that now.
- I don't think I've ever seen Domhnall Gleeson this clean cut ever, but dude really does look creepy as heck as General Hux.
- BB-8 on flat ground - no problem, very cute; climbing stairs, however... Oklah, have to like how it's got built-in grappling hooks to get itself out of things without human help. I was the only one laughing at BB-8; I knew because one of the kids sitting in front turned around to look at me. And I turned around to look at some other kids who were commenting REALLY LOUDLY about what's happening on screen.
- Am I the only one that's always wondered how the humans seem to know what R2-D2, BB-8 and Chewbacca are saying with the beeps, boops and whatever speech pattern Chewbacca's is?
- No wonder...
- they never announced who Lupita Nyong'o was playing - it would've been so potong stim.
- the plot's been so hush-hush: but if anyone knew beforehand that it was just a gender-swapped version of Episode IV (aka A New Hope), I doubt people would've been so excited. Which also reinforces my theory that any time you don't know a movie's plot beforehand, it just means that the it would be crap.
- Harrison Ford got paid so much damn money for this role (if those rumours are true). And his stipulation for reprising the Han Solo role. Shrewd old fart - if I was him, I also want to get killed off and be handsomely paid for it too :P
- Having all the famous cameos in the movie is a bit meaningless since their faces are mostly covered up - it's like expecting us to believe that Hugo Weaving is really working half the roles where you don't actually see his face.
- I think I could buy Rey and Kylo Ren being cousins, but who knows, let's not be THAT predictable. If it turns out that she's just some rando that could be a future Jedi, however...
Now the pressure is on Rian Johnson for the next movie.