Thursday, 8 October 2015

Ruay Street, SS2

Saw that this place was under renovation next to the SS2 Maybank months ago, and managed to stop by for lunch one day a couple of weeks ago.

Found out that it was 9 Bowls which used to be at Publika (which I probably forgot about, and never went to when it was there because it's outside of the mall perimeter - I'm not even sure if it's still there anymore).

Some may find the prices here are a bit more (or average) than what you expect for supposedly affordable Thai street food in this part of the woods - the rice was RM8 and the coffee, RM5 before GST. No service charge.



Coffee was so-so. The basil pork, rice and egg was also like that, as I found the basil pork off-the-charts spicy (for me, anyway), which proved my point when I found all the cili padi seeds in the meat. Great if you really love spicy food, but really...