Thursday, 3 September 2015

Hitman: Agent 47

Never played the game, so apart from the cursory poke around Wikipedia, I personally don't know much about Hitman: Agent 47 going in, but I did want to see how much of Singapore was in the movie.

Went to the one cineplex near me that has no line on a Wednesday night and had a screening time before 9 p.m. I dunno if it's because it's only nearly three weeks since its release, but at least I had options to choose from in the seating department. 
  • If you know nothing about the backstory from the game series, you're pretty much fucked if you missed the first few minutes of the movie cos it's when they chose to tell the backstory. 
  • Good grief, how is Rupert Friend younger than Orlando Bloom, but yet looks so erm, worn? If you noticed the resemblance between the two, you're not the only one. 
  • Am I the only one that thought Angelababy was a K-pop star?
  • Zachary Quinto has a villain's eyebrows. 
  • Wow, what kind of incentives did the film makers get from shooting the movie in Singapore? 
  • Nice product placement, Gardens by the Bay. And also Audi. 
  • Didn't take too long of the movie's run time for 47 to unlock Katia's killer potential.
  • The line about Katia being 43 times better than 47 was stupid hilarious. 
  • The room I was in was dead silent, and not just because it was about half-filled... I think I only heard myself laughing. 
  • I was going, "Ooh, MPH!" in my head. I think that chase scene ended in like the CBD and not a more touristy spot like Orchard, for good reason. 
  • They left the F-bombs in. Dunno if it was an oversight or what.
  • I thought Ciaran Hinds was going to do a Donald Sutherland and die within the first 10 minutes of him being on screen. Took a little longer than that, but still...
  • While not a fan of the fake blood, but am a sucker for a good choreographed hand-to-hand battle and car chase.  
Thought it was just like that - just okay, not too many holes in the plot. However, not really worth paying 2 digits for. Dunno if there's going to be a sequel or a reboot in a few years since it also erm, panned.