Thursday, 27 August 2015

Is It Because I'm Indian?

Got myself a ticket to watch Is It Because I'm Indian? going by the premise. Luckily there were ticketing concessions, especially opening night. Based on the crowd that gathered, I guess I wasn't the only one. 

First, it was like this... 
Then it got to be LIKE THIS less than two minutes later...
It only takes a couple of people to get the line started.
Damn free seating.
I admit, I was initially a little concerned that it was only 40 minutes long.
Fortunately it was more closer to an hour. 



It's been years since I've been to a show where the doors actually close at 8.30 p.m. pretty much on the dot, which must have thrown some people off, who not only came in fifteen minutes into the show, but stomped up the stairs like Frankenstein's monster, which was very audible. 

Dumb question: When did the playing of the national anthem started? The white people in the audience nearly didn't stand up. 

It was a one-man show with no set and minimal props that played a lot with lighting to set the scene/mood. 

For RM30, I thought it was entertaining enough. People laughed, some nearly cried. The run ends on Sunday; go watch if you have nothing better to do. If you want to see this show for cheaper, go for the matinee performances.