Friday, 19 June 2015

Ronny Chieng - You Don't Know What You're Talking About

Got a ticket to see Ronny Chieng's You Don't Know What You're Talking About on a Thursday night because I didn't want to pay the extra RM20 for Friday and Saturday. Based on the turnout (70% capacity, I think?), I wasn't the only one. 

Hadn't realised that the show's only starting at 9 p.m. and I turned up a little early and no one else was around. By the time I finished my cheese nacho snack at Wendy's, the crowd already showed up. My view of the stage was obstructed by someone's big hair and I can't change seats because my entire row was full and it would be too awkward to move. -_-

Talk about name in lights...
Shamaine Othman opened the show with a 10 minute (tops, I think) set, some I've heard before but still hilarious. Her bit about nasi lemak stalls being so prevalent that even pontianaks are also selling nasi lemak is hilarious.

Ronny came on and did like, 45 minutes. Laughed at about some of the jokes, but the repetition by itself probably took up like 10 minutes already. His joke about how the Australian reality show Border Security should be called "What Weird Shit are Asians Bringing In This Week?" because it's true...it's always the Asians trying to get weird shit past customs. Like my auntie bringing in a kuali into Australia (I don't know who it went to or if it came back with her, but still). He also had a bit about his Twitter troll that he's still in touch with 9 months later.

If you want, tickets are still available.