Saturday, 18 April 2015

Record Store Day 2015 at Teenage Head Records, Subang

Record Store Day (RSD) is something I always hear about and wished I could get my hands on some of the special releases, but until a few years ago, doesn't happen in Malaysia. 

Read online that this independent record store in Subang will be celebrating RSD with live performances, etc. 

What the heck, I checked out Teenage Head Records after lunch and it was busy - there's a food stall across the street, there's a couple other stalls selling stuff. Getting there was the easy part, but the parking situation is just cray cray. Luckily the shop is located away from the main road and would probably be not as busy on Saturdays or something, I would think...?

It was stuffy inside the store because it was so crowded with at least some of the people there waiting to catch the next live performance by local indie darling Liyana Fizi. Good to know that I wasn't the only one sweating while browsing. 


Even with the crowd, I managed to browse what I could. They not only carry preloved LPs, but also LPs by current artistes. And of course, used cassettes and CDs. Saw more than one copy of U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb while I was browsing... 

What did I come away with? This... 


My first ever physical comedy album - Jerry Seinfeld's I'm Telling You for the Last Time, which I've heard before, but hey, comedy albums are like hen's teeth in Malaysia. Not exactly what I expected to find there, but heh. 

That said, will definitely go back again and spend more time than I did today. Maybe when it's not terribly crowded..? Tengoklah cam mana.

Teenage Head Records
20, Jalan SS 14/1, Subang Jaya, 47500 Selangor
Closed Sundays