Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Thoughts I Had While Watching Taken 3 (Tak3n)

Caught an advanced screening of Taken 3 (or Tak3n) starring Liam Neeson, thanks to Nuffnang, at the new swanky looking GSC at Quill City Mall. After finding out that half the halls in the cineplex were for advance screenings of the same movie, I can totally understand why there. 

And only 15 minutes of trailers. Not bad. Since it was a new cineplex, the "new" smell is still present, namely the smell of paint and plaster. At least the seats are still new. 

(Disclaimer: I had never sat through both Taken and Taken 2, but am too familiar with the memes and jokes about it, i.e. Josh Robert Thompson [former Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson's robot sidekick Geoff Petersen]'s Liam Neeson impression of "Quickly, there's no time!")


Instead of anyone being taken like in the first couple of movies, his ex-wife getting killed sort of counts as being "taken",  no? Also, this kinda reminds me of The Fugitive.
  • Dude, we can already tell you're the bad guy, there's no need to bash it over our heads with your hideous haircut.
  • Am I the only one that thinks Liam Neeson is getting too old for this? 
  • He needs to get a faster data reading card - that's one too many close calls for one movie.
  • I can't believe that Famke Janssen is 50. 
  • Speaking of Famke, at least this will definitely be her last Taken movie...?
  • I can sort of appreciate Forest Whitaker's role as a less bumbling, almost profiler-like (is he's channelling his former Criminal Minds: Suspect Behaviour role?) cop tasked to bring him in. 
  • OMG, it's Hodges
  • I might not have been to LA before, but 15 minutes from downtown LA to Santa Monica seems highly implausible. 
Movie tagline maybe "It Ends Here", but good grief, I hope there isn't ANOTHER one of these, which might involve his (future) grandkid. 

The Guardian's review made me LOL.