Friday, 2 January 2015

First Impressions: IOI City Mall, Putrajaya

Had nothing better to do on my self-declared "don't want to work on New Year's Eve" day off, so I decided to go check out IOI City Mall in Putrajaya. Had to GPS it (there's already an entry for it on Waze if you're using that app) and I probably took a long way there, but I got myself there in one piece. There's no signage for it along the highways going there, and the GPS coordinates are non-existent on the website. 

Parking was okay, but that was because I got straight into B2 and not LG or B1. Even though it says that they start charging for parking that day itself, but I can't say I wasn't glad that I didn't have to pay it as I was leaving. 


It's been open at least a month, so it was pretty clean and sparkling. It's about 60, 70% occupied, but I already like it more than I ever did Alamanda. 

This is a nicer mall for people living and working in the area who won't have to travel to PJ or KL for their Monki, H&M, and what not. There's also a larger ice skating rink so people don't have to go to Pyramid. The Tesco here also swankier-looking than its predecessors. And there's the Homepro store, which I know is a home product centre based in Thailand.  

I was looking for some place to lunch that I won't find in other malls. I was surprised to find a Nathan's Famous franchise HERE (with another opening at KLIA 2 soon). Yup, that same hot dog chain that does the 4th of July hot dog eating competition on Coney Island. 

While I don't hate this mall, but I won't necessary would want to come all the way here just because. That's just me.