Saturday, 27 December 2014

Jeff Dunham - All Over the Map

Finally gotten round to find an uncensored version (ahem, the DVD rip) of Jeff Dunham's recent global tour special, All Over the Map on the interwebs, because let's face it, I'm not about to get a DVD of something I'm only ever gonna see once or twice (at most). This is one tour you can legitimately call a WORLD tour (don't get me started) and not some bullshit US, Canada and/or UK only tour - the man (and his wife and crew) actually TRAVELLED. I didn't even know he went to freaking Iceland! And talked to the guy who played The Mountain on Game of Thrones... and proceeded to make fun of his name at the show.

Anyway, it's mostly clips of the funniest bits on that tour and not his usual single-location only specials that he's done in the past. I thought it was mostly pretty funny, even though the camera work in some stops could be a little better and Jose didn't make an appearance AT ALL on the DVD. They did show his workaround process of the Achmed ban in KL: the one night only Jacques Merde.

It might not be for his usual domestic (US) audience, but it's definitely for the international fans that actually attended any of the shows on this tour (yours truly included). 

I don't think that it was a coincidence that right after he finished this world tour that his Vegas residency (which means he doesn't have to go on tour anywhere ever again; people GO TO HIM now) was announced. But still glad that I managed to catch him on this last tour.

I know there's a TV edit one, but that can't beat the longer, uncensored version that you get from the DVD/Interwebs. So I would suggest you hunt that down and watch that instead because that's almost 90 minutes long and those dolls are best appreciated uncensored.