Saturday, 13 September 2014

Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival

Checked out the Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival late Saturday afternoon. Mostly stuck to the indoor stuff (after checking out outside, of course) because there were a few things I wanted to see. Luckily the free WiFi around Pentas 2 downstairs work, so I could post some pictures on Instagram before catching the shows that I was curious about... 


Fahmi Fadzil and Azmyl Yunor, performing Wayang Buku in Indicine upstairs in KLPAC after the NETMBR (Never Eat Too Much Before Rapture) crew did a half hour version of their show (which I've never seen before, even though I've taken at least a class or two with the guys back in the day) downstairs at the lobby stage. Wayang Buku tackles the sedition issue in the broadest possible way, done in the late night talk show format, with books as the "guests". You had to be there.

There was an intermission after Wayang Buku, so we had to leave Indicine while they do the setup. Suddenly the attendance for the Disko Baldi show ballooned outside; and yes, I wondered why. Even with the disclaimer that it has mature content, there are still kids (dragged by their parents) in attendance. Never having been to a Disko Baldi show, I wasn't too sure what to expect. It was funny for the most part, I suppose.

Projek Disko Baldi performing their "theme song"