Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Ellie Goulding at Good Vibes Festival

I don't know if it was the weather or something else altogether, but pretty much everything got pushed back an hour. Empire of the Sun came on around 10 p.m. They were either so loud or using so much bass that I felt a headache coming. Fortunately I had some Panadol on me. 

I enjoyed the brief quiet moment when EOTS was done... until !!! (Chk Chk Chk) started playing on a different stage not too far away, also for about an hour and the bass volume was just as high. Oh my poor head. I didn't have to go stand in front to hear what's going on. If nothing else, this gave me time to find a good place for later. 

Long story short I settled to get back into the 18 and above area (one of the cigarette brands) that's closest to the main stage and hung around the perimeter.

She came on a little after midnight and played for about an hour, powered through almost a dozen songs. But as a casual fan (at best), I don't know most of them. Of course she closed her set with probably her best known (to me) song, Burn. I didn't know she also played instruments, but I just realised that I don't know what she's singing at least half the time :P

Of course it started to rain during the set even at that hour, but I still had my disposable rain poncho on me so it wasn't a big deal. 

Festival came to a close at 1 a.m. and I only got home around 2 something and finally went to sleep around 3 a.m.