Friday, 15 August 2014

Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer's Life 1990 - 2005, Artscience Museum Singapore

I had wanted to check out this exhibition ever since I heard it was going to be at Singapore's Artscience Museum. I wouldn't consider myself a photography buff, but as her work pops up in pop culture every so often, you remember the name

Couldn't squeeze it in on my solo day trip in July, but I managed to a couple weeks ago. Which was fortuitous because I found out in the EDM in between trips that there was a bigger admission discount for Sands Rewards members (20%?), which ended up cheaper than the residents' rate. So yay!

It was pretty late in the afternoon by the time I got my butt down, so there wasn't a line per se. 


As it is with exhibitions like this, you're not allowed to take pictures inside (plenty of docents, security and other employees around to ensure that doesn't happen), so this was all I took... You get to see up close the headline making photos she's taken over the years, which are too many to mention. 


If you're a fan of celeb photography and pop culture, you might like this. It was not a bad way to kill a couple of hours. Tickets are S$15 for adults, happening until 19 October.