The snag was I can't even use my own PayPal account (geographic restrictions) to pay, so I had to use their BuyForMe service, which is 10% of your order. Obviously, I went with free ground shipping.
- 5 working days to reach the US address. I don't know how the Microsoft Store people packed it, because in the email I got from HopShopGo, I was presented with a repacking option for another $5; or I would be charged for 6kgs instead of the 2kg it actually weighed by HopShopGo. So I sucked it up and paid the repacking fee in the final shipping fee. The repacking adds another business day or two to the shipping time. Paypal users also get 10% discount on the shipping fee.
- 4 work days later: I got the email with the DHL Airway Bill number for me to track (like a crazy person), on Wednesday (19th Feb).
- It left Portland on the 18th, Cincinnati on the 19th, reached Hong Kong on the 20th, and I finally got my package (in one piece) on the 21st. And the shipping time calculator on the site said I would only get it on the 28th. Better early than never, I suppose.
- Convenient for PayPal users; both in signing up and signing in.
- Shipping cost is not too bad compared to other forwarding companies.. I guess. Need to find one for when I want to get one off, tiny items like Moleskines, etc.
- Tracked delivery to Malaysia by DHL. So far no incident partially because I know my local DHL guy..
- The $5 repacking fee SUCKS BALLS (which, to be fair, most of these sites also have and charge this). I don't know how much they took out/left back in because it didn't come with a dustbag that I got with my other bag (that I bought off eBay). Maybe that's why it was so cheap?