Monday, 22 August 2011

WAXxx, Aman Suria [myDeal]

I bought a MyDeal voucher awhile back for a half leg wax session and permanent hair reduction treatment at WAXxx, which you can pay a little more for the down south treatment. Since I wanted to try the place out and I would be able to use it within the redemption period, what the heck. So I called for an appointment early Sunday morning and said that I wanted to do the latter instead. Being familiar with Aman Suria, the place wasn't all that hard to find; the location is not too bad as long as you're not there during office hours. 


I read on a couple other blogs that the owners are the couple who made local headlines back in 2008 when the guy spent a boatload of money on a wedding proposal billboard on the LDP. Google it if you don't remember. I also have to mention that from reading some of those blog posts, some of those other bloggers were getting it done gratis and had no prior hoo-ha waxing experience. That's just my impression.

As I was a little too early, I wandered for a bit until about 5 minutes before, where I had to fill out the usual paperwork and they had a MyKad reader for verification. I'm not sure if I appreciate being asked where's my favourite wax place on the registration form (and also by Kelly later), but I (honestly) said that I didn't have a favourite. I know they want to know what the competition is like, but still...

While waiting for Kelly the therapist, I was offered a cup of Chinese tea as well as the initial sell on their packages, which I was told that I would get a 10% discount if I bought one that day (I didn't) as a myDeal customer. But I did spent RM10 more (on top of the RM29) to try the premium wax and the Depilar was the "permanent hair reduction treatment" part of the deal, which I read is only available here (the Depilar system). Fortunately, the wait wasn't too long.

But to those wondering what the prices are, here's some of it... no wonder the deflection when asked on their Facebook page :P


 So I was lead to Room 3...
The floor bench is not only for the client, but also for the waxer to stand over and work
What you didn't see from the last picture was the hanging ceiling lights which was about a foot away from your face; it was that bright.

It didn't hurt too badly, but if the wax had a nice odor, it was wasted on me on account of my currently wonky sense of smell. It took about 15 minutes. 

The result? She missed some hairs (and not just the itty-bitties or ingrowns); it wasn't a terribly clean job. I rather be in agony than not to have a clean job as I was paying more than what it would've cost me had I not bought the voucher. Sheesh. (They currently have this 40% off one body part promotion at the moment, which I strongly suggest you take up)

Pro: 
✔ Location: Not in a mall, nearby enough for me; parking shouldn't be an issue...?

Cons:
✖ Wasn't a clean job (on me, anyway)
✖ Prices for the all-off is RM1 more than Strip; not sure about the rest...
✖ One of the packages was RM3xx for 5 sessions, over the span of 2 years. Errr... right.


Based on this one time, I most likely wouldn't go back; but don't let that stop you from trying it out yourselves.


J-G-17 Jalan PJU 1/43
Aman Suria
47301 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Malaysia
T: +603 7880 5588


They're open Tuesdays to Sundays, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Nope, not getting paid to plug the place, but this is just my two cents.