Wednesday, 6 April 2011

I Hate The Neighbourhood Line Dancing Class

The neighbourhood's Resident Association has a line dancing class that meets twice a week from 8 p.m. - 9.30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays on the basketball court outside the house. Public space, open air, etc - fine.

Although I've never met these ladies in person, but I hate their guts and here's why.

I know line dancing and country music go hand-in-hand, but there's only so many times I can listen to Billy Ray Cyrus's Achy Breaky Heart every stinking week! Even the fun, pop tunes like Lady Gaga and Ke$ha's music are played too may times to count. It would be freaking hilarious if they were practicing to Trace Adkins's Honky Tonk Badonkadonk. Yes, the song is as funny as the title is, even if the lyrics are on the misogynistic side.

I know they're out in the freaking open and the sound might not be so great, but there really is no need to play the music so damn loud - the high windows of my room (and also of the other houses in the area) acts like a periscope; it's akin to me blasting it myself in my room. I can barely hear my shows over the din, which is why I go out sometimes. The only relief I get is when their classes get rained out. 
  
These people are also pretty damn obnoxious: there's plenty of space right outside our house even with a couple of them there minding their own business for parking, they expect us to move OUR cars around just so they have nice parking. WTF, man - you come here only twice a week and you want us to bend over backwards like that? I got half a mind to charge them parking. I don't know why the sibling's freaked out about them - driving the cars in immediately after dinner before these aunties show up. They should just freaking DEAL with it and park where ever they can lah

Even with all that practice, it doesn't seem to pay off when they perform at the neighbourhood events, never mind that I don't know good from bad line dancing.