Tuesday, 1 March 2011

KFC Fish Donuts - Seriously?!

Yes, you read it right - KFC FISH DONUTS. I've been meaning to be outraged about this, but I keep forgetting and I had other things to blog about. Well, now the new KFC Fish Donuts will have a taste of my wrath.


When one thinks of KFC, one tends to associate the brand with well, chicken. Last I checked, KFC doesn't even have a fish burger. So, the fish donut idea is pretty new and also pretty out there.

So all I have to say is this - WHAT THE HELL, KFC? FISH DONUTS, REALLY?! FIRST THE NASI LEMAK WRAP, NOW THIS?! SERIOUSLY?!

Now my next question is this: why the combination of fish and  the donut form? Is there such a thing as donut-shaped fish (which brings about a funny image, I admit)? I don't think so.

I saw a few blog posts online about them and reactions were mostly about the size and the portion (5 pieces ala carte, 3 with an existing plate combo).

I am not sure if I'll ever try it, but definitely not as part of the set meal. The ala carte one maybe, if I was peckish for a snack one afternoon - I'm such a sucker for tartare sauce.

P.S. Am I the only one that notices that some outlets don't give proper plates and silverware anymore? The really busy outlets like KLCC and Midvalley puts everything in the paper boat plates and sort of expect you to eat everything with your bare hands, even the sides (it happened to me and my cousin in Midvalley) :P The not-so busy ones (like in Giant Mall in Kelana Jaya) will still grant you use of plates and silverware.