Sunday, 27 March 2011

Cheng Beng again

I don't know when exactly is Cheng Beng this year; but yeah, another year, another trip to Semenyih

It wasn't hard getting out of bed at 5.30 a.m. this morning because I basically did not sleep a wink - I never got past the first stage of the sleep cycle (it was too warm to fall asleep properly), so there was no deep sleep to get out of. I also heard my dad already up and about at 4.30 a.m. for goodness-knows-why (I checked my watch, that's how I knew the time). I definitely wasn't expecting my appetite to be working at that hour, either - I finished most of a beef pie before we left.

We also (for once) weren't stuck waiting for everyone else - the place is too crowded and vast to just casually meander off and see what everyone else's burial plots look like. Man, was I glad we were done before 10 a.m.  and home before noon.

Unless you have to clean up graves, I wouldn't do a road trip to anywhere with a decent-sized cemetery until late April.
Got home, did an errand, and got my second free frappucino at the 'bucks in Kelana Jaya for some more caffeine. Aahhh....