Wednesday, 16 February 2011

New Radiohead album - The King of Limbs

I saw a news link on my Twitter stream that Radiohead's got a new album coming out called The King of Limbs. It was announced on Monday, Valentine's Day, post Grammys and less than a week to wait before it actually comes out. Yay.


The DRM-free digital download would be made available this weekend on Saturday, 19th February - US$9 for the MP3 version and US$14 for WAV version. 

There's also gonna be "Newspaper Album" version, that consists of...
  • 2 x 10 inch clear vinyl records in a purpose built record sleeve CD
  • Many large sheets of artwork
  • 625 small pieces of artwork
  • Full colour plastic cover to hold everything together
  • Album download (WAV or MP3) 
MP3 version would be US$44 and the WAV, US$49, inclusive of shipping for both formats. The rest (aside from the album download) would be sent out on 9th May. So people are basically paying so much for the album download this weekend and hope that the rest arrives later.

First glance at the album cover - a bit creepy and spooky at the same time. 

There's also no official tracklist, but word on the street is that it'll be an 8-track album (as in 8 songs, not that old format). I learnt since the In Rainbows brouhaha not to listen to any new live songs they've been playing in their hiatus; til today I still like the earlier version of Videotape that I've gotten attached to than the album version of the same track.

I personally can't wait to hear it when I can and I don't really have expectations for what it'll sound like, as long as I like it.

Preorder at thekingoflimbs.com.
PS. WTF on the internet browser requirements on the site - "Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0 or 8.0 (Please note that the site doesn’t support Firefox)" - REALLY?!