Monday, 14 February 2011

Happy Single Awareness Day... or not

It's Valentine's Day today and with the hoo ha about "banning" celebrations (to quote PAS, for Muslims and also in the northern states, so the rest of us can sin in peace :P). If you've got plans with that someone (or something... :D) - good on you. But as far as I'm concerned, it's just Monday for me and it'll be just another day for me for a very long time. 

I would say this - I wouldn't mind celebrating it even if it's just once, just to get it out of the system and out of the way. But as I'm also not getting any younger, and any grand gesture would also be just plain embarrassing. Scratch that - grand romantic gestures are embarrassing at any age :P

Am I bitter? I like to think I'm not as I've never been in a relationship, so what do I know and how to be bitter about something I've not experienced personally? I'm not exactly painfully single because it's the only life I know. 

But alas, I'm way too obtuse when it comes to matters of the heart and the only way anything in that department were to improve would be to get clubbed in the head macam caveman, or someone just comes out and say something. I'm not about to, and that's that. Which is why I think I'll be single for a very long time, haha. Unlike TV and movies, it's just not that obvious. 


To my fellow singletons slowly running out of single friends, I know being the third wheel is not fun. To be stuck in conversations about other people's relationships, relationship problems (when you can't exactly relate or contribute to anyway how), wedding plans, pregnancies, babies and kids would also lose its shine after awhile, even if you were initially mildly interested (or were just being polite). For some reason or another, most of the people that I still talk to are still single, so I can't complain too much.


someecards.com - I hate Valentine's Day unless you'd like to be my date

Oh well - have fun, whichever way it goes.