Monday, 24 January 2011

Sucked into Angry Birds

Angry Birds In-game TrailerImage by lbela76 via FlickrAfter months of hearing about that mobile game Angry Birds and feeling a little left out because I don't have the right device to play this with, the Windows PC (XP and 7 only) version is finally available for sale as a download - it was $4.99 for a while, but the full price is $9.99 if I'm not wrong.

The gist of Angry Birds is that they're basically suicidal birds that are trying to get their revenge on these pigs for stealing their eggs.

Being the resourceful cheapskate that I am, it wasn't long before I found a copy on the interwebs. I don't know if it's just the copy I got, but it's only got 4 levels, which is enough for me honestly because I don't think I can keep up with the holiday editions and the rest of it.

I've unlocked all the levels, but it's hard going getting three stars on some of those levels, even after you watch walkthrough videos on YouTube. I think the only level I've finished with three stars on each theme was #4 - The Big Setup. I've been playing it so much I've got RSI on the right side of my body from all that mouse clicking so I've been cutting down the play hours and frequency.

Much as I've enjoyed playing it, but I don't think I'll go so far as to get the plush toys or the board game.