Tuesday, 25 January 2011

My Love/Hate for KLPac

KLPAC (short for KL Performing Arts Centre) is located at Sentul Park on Jalan Strachan (off Jalan Ipoh) "is a not-for-profit company dedicated to the practice of traditional and contemporary performing arts, as well as education and community outreach." (from the website)

What I love about KLPac and Sentul Park
  • The picturesque quality - it's such a pretty place (especially the surrounding park area), it's become a stop for bridal photography.
  • The drive from the main road to KLPac itself - a scenic drive, if I may say so myself.
  • The architecture of KLPac.
  • KLPac's Pentas 1, especially the comfy, colourful seats. That alone is a reason why I prefer KLPac over Lot 10.
  • I'm surprised that I can still make it to night shows at all, early even. As long as it's not in the middle of downtown...
What's a bitch about KLPac and Sentul Park
  • The speed bumps on the long stretch from the guard house to the tiny roundabout - I know you don't want people speeding on that stretch, but still.
  • It's a freaking long walk from the guard house to KLPac, whether it's during the day (when it's too hot or wet), or at night (where it's too dark and poorly lit).
  • No direct train access - unless you're talking about the Sentul station on the KTM route where it's only open around Thaipusam, and even then it's no stroll to get to KLPac.
  • I can't even go by public transport even if I wanted to from PJ - I still have to drive.
  • Don't get me started on the parking situation, especially during major events.