Saturday, 22 April 2006

Crunch time

Am supposed to be napping, but now it's that time of day when I'm usually awake (maybe not bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, but awake nonetheless) and I've missed the napping window. So I'll just crap some stuff here in the mean time.

Most of my coursemates are on their way to St. Paul (the lesser-known half of the Twin Cities) for MUPC (Minnesota Undergraduate Psychology Conference) which is held at St. Thomas this year. Yes, there are still a handful of us that are still around. I'm sure it sounds like fun because I'm not presenting or what; but now that I've the choice of going, I don't feel like it. Besides, I've got...

1. Lit review
2. Tests on Monday - Psychophys and Stats
3. Psychophys presentation on Thursday
4. Research proposal draft for Research Lab
5. Maybe think about the final papers for Psychophys and Stats

Have been doing the Da Vinci Quest on Google for the heck of it (after the first day, I've gone through the puzzles faster since). If not that, then it's concentrating my energies on Personality, which is by far the easiest class on my schedule. Either that, or swim. Heh.

Now that it's the crunch time part of the term, I've not been in touch with my coursemates as much as I would like: It's either class, Lakeside (the makan place closest to classes), grocery shopping or I'll be stuck in my room or be in the lounge catching up on reading or work.

Thanks to the blogging phenomenon, I just found out that Mandy and Mi Ki's not going home for summer - which sucks, because I know they've been looking forward to going back since the term's started to recharge themselves. And they were gonna come back and do their internship or whatever else they were planning. Plus they already paid $40 to change the flight date and all that preparation to go home. It's just unfortunate that I've got to find out that way; but at least better than not knowing it at all.

So I guess out of our whole batch it's just me and that apek that's going home in a couple of weeks. I guess that's the reason why I didn't want to stay any longer than I want/have to here and would rather go home straight: the uncertainty. No point staying if I can't make an educated enough decision. I feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one who still doesn't know what to do after graduation.

Now that I'm almost done with my schooling years, I don't know what to do; yet, I know that deep down I'll find something: maybe I'll find something that I'll enjoy that pays well, maybe I'll find something that only helps pay the bills, I don't know. I mean, how many people out there end up working in the field that they studied in? I know Jit Murad didn't. I know that Giada de Laurentiis didn't. But it's them and they're fortunate to be doing what they love and following their passion. What am I passionate about? I don't know, honestly - nothing tangible, as far as I'm concerned.

Until I make a decision as to what to do next, I'd rather go home and recharge.