Tuesday, 10 May 2005

I apologize if I've not been posting the last couple of days - truth of the matter is, there's not much for me to post about other than me running errands around town and all that. That, and also cos my bro's been hogging the PC and I've not the heart to login into my account. Don't ask why didn't I - I've also been what the Malays would refer to as uzur (basically I'm having my period lah).

All the papers I've read today - The Star, Sun, NST, Malay Mail - all have a piece on Anthony Bourdain and the new program which is supposed to debut tonight on Discovery Travel and Living, Decoding Ferran Adria. And most of them also mention his new program in progress, No Reservations. It would be interesting to watch the man eat Malaysian food for once on TV.

Reading-wise am still going through Liza Dalby's Geisha - it reads like a research paper/thesis on the geisha culture, and is not fiction as previously thought. Am also currently reading Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction though not every single page.

Have sent out Dan Brown's Deception Point to a bookcrosser in the UK. Cost me RM20.50 sending the bloody thing out . Hope it doesn't get lost en route. Was also supposed to send Digital Fortress to another bookcrosser in Singapore, but no address, so no send lah.

And at the same time am dragging my feet about my visa application. Can't sleep at night because of it and all that. Aarggh. How the heck did my worry wart syndrome get so bad? But at least got my 2x2 inch photos already. Now it's just the monay monay part.