- Now that The Nightly Show is off the air, I'm curious to see what they're gonna do with that timeslot... until then, @midnight is stepping into the 11.30 slot after their break.
Sunday, 21 August 2016
Haze is back and it's still hot as balls. Sadly this means it's the time for N95 masks and air purifiers again.
Sunday, 14 August 2016
Weather is back to being hot as balls.
- I admit, I'm a little upset that Thomas Gibson has been dismissed from Criminal Minds, but only because he wasn't much of a comedic straight man (yes, I'm referring to Dharma and Greg) and probably better as a dramatic actor. #thereisaidit #youknowitstrue
- Watch finally died, 11 years later :(
- Took a couple of weeks, but finally got my replacement Happy Plugs earbuds (it was still under warranty).
- Saw Suicide Squad.
- RIP, Kenny Baker.
- Kickstarter retail store in Singapore? Just when I thought I was out, she always manages to suck me back in...
Friday, 12 August 2016
Because of a coupon code, naturally. And I needed to get something that I didn't want to spend too much money on.
Thankfully, there's the Click & Collect option: you pay for the item online, and select which physical Watsons store you want to collect your order from at check out. Which is great if you already don't qualify for free shipping (RM150 minimum and first 3kg, I think) and if you live near a store (or more). You get follow up emails and text messages when said order is ready for pick up.
You just show them the last text and also your actual IC when you get to the store to pick up your order.
When I tried this at the 1U store, it took them perhaps a tad too long to find my order in the back room because of name issues (first name, last name conventions), which I can let slide.
Thursday, 11 August 2016
I only saw one trailer for Suicide Squad before finally watching it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry that they (reportedly) got the company who does trailers to do the final edit on this movie.
- Well, that was a quick flash of The Flash. But hello, Ezra Miller...
- I don't know why some critics are complaining about the explainer bit in the beginning. Hello, it's not for you, it's for the rest of the movie going hoi polloi lah.
- Wait, Common was in this one?
- The song choices were both retro and also a bit on the nose - had to appreciate both the White Stripes and Eminem songs they went with, though :P
- I don't get why Waller is asking for Bruce Wayne's protection in the midcredits sequence and how is he going to be able to protect her...? If nothing else, at least you don't have to sit through the entire credits for something like this. And of course it sets people for the upcoming Justice League movie.
I thought the story moved abruptly for a 2 hour movie, so there were times I was like, "how'd THAT happen?".
It was just okay but not mind blowing, but my expectations were already pretty low to start with. So if you have nothing else to watch...
Sunday, 7 August 2016
Hot weather's back again and it's that time of year again: when the hungry spirits roam the planet for nourishment.
- Releasing POKEMON GO in Malaysia, Singapore, etc on a weekend was a shrewdly brilliant idea.
- Of course Singapore gets the giant Uniqlo flagship store... coming later this year.
- Orlando Bloom's little Legolas made it's debut this week.
- Back to Istana Hotel for yet another Raya open house on Tuesday.
- Since Pokemon GO's been declared haram (by some mufti, anyway - it's not from higher up the system)... well, good luck stopping people from playing and/or enforcing that :P
Sunday, 31 July 2016
- McD's is bringing back the chocolate soft serve for a limited time (albeit at RM2.50 each, not as cheap as the RM1 vanilla cone). So if you're like me, who remembered it from their childhood, you better get it on it while you still can.
- Actual Apple store opening in Singapore later in the year, obviously on Orchard Road.
- I don't understand the current passport shortage....?
- Neighbour had his Raya open house right outside on the basketball court outside the house. late Saturday afternoon. Couldn't say no to going. The only problem with having dinner around 5 something is being peckish around 9 something and had to cook Maggi :P
- Comedy Central lawyers put the kibosh on Colbert using his Colbert Report persona/bits (yep, The Word is no more) on CBS, so Colbert had to make another one for his use on CBS.
- MT Expo has finally landed in KL... bringing together washi tape addicts everywhere, including yours truly. Thankfully because Times Bookstore is handling the sales and payment, you can swipe your card and grow your washi tape collection :P
Sunday, 24 July 2016
Rain this week, the cool weather beats waking up hot, sweaty and grumpy.
- I suppose it makes sense for Prentiss to come back to the BAU (albeit in guest star capacity), given what the next season is going to be about.
- Parking in downtown KL is now up 150% - first hour parking in some places is now RM2 compared to cents per hour before. People are pissed, but it's mostly people who work in the area who otherwise have no access to public transport.
- Between the RNC and SDCC, I rather hear SDCC news.
- I wonder how heavy a bamboo wife is...
- Saw Ghostbusters.
- Grandmother's (flexible) birthday BBQ on Saturday.
- Met up with the collegemates on Sunday.